Making the Most of your Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day
Whether you are looking for a relaxing day on the sun or want to extend your time on the Blue Lagoon after a Blue Lagoon dolphin swim or a blue lagoon dolphin encounter,The Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day is a perfect way to spend a day while in Nassau Bahamas.
Arrive Early to the Ferry Terminal
The start of your adventure starts at the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal where you will take a 15 min ride over to the beautiful Blue Lagoon.The boat departure dock/check-in is located within walking distance to most area hotels at the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal. The Boat departs each day at 8:30 AM, 10:30 AM, 1:30 PM and 3:30PM. We reccommend gettting there early to ensure that you do not have any issues boarding. Our state of the art double deck catamaran will take you on a senic 20 minute ride to the home of the Bahamas Dolphin Encounter and Sea Lion Encounter home.
Take Advantage of the Blue Lagoon Ammenities
- Spectacular ocean and beach views – whether you are participating in one of our interactive animal programs or just observing, a visit to our beautiful island alone is worth it. Surrounded by turquoise blue water on all sides and covered with native coconut trees, lush landscaping and a natural lagoon, Blue Lagoon Island is an extraordinary private island that offers guests a glimpse of an untouched paradise
- Over three acres of natural saltwater habitat. Our dolphins and sea lions live in a rich, natural environment filled with fish, crabs, lobsters, shells and other sea creatures
- Tropical, all-natural surroundings on a private island unlike any other
- Orientation and Educational Displays
- Full photography and video services - our state-of-the-art lab will have your souvenir photos and DVDs ready before you leave the island
- A large souvenir and gift shop
- Lockers and changing rooms
- Indoor and outdoor showers
- Fins Café – offering a variety of sandwiches, salads, snacks and drinks at reasonable prices
- Picnic areas
- Complimentary Wetsuits (in Winter and Spring)
- The facility is completely wheelchair accessible. We also provide a special waterproof wheelchair for guests to interact with our dolphins in the Dolphin Encounter program.
- Our Guest Services desk can answer questions or assist guests in any way.
Observe the Dolphins and Sea Lions
If you do not wish to participate in one of our dolphin swim programs or sea lion encounters you can still join in the fun as an observer. For a $25 fee you can view the beautiful Atlantic bottlenose dolphin and the california sea lions in their natural habitat without getting in the water.
The Observer program offers a fun and interactive orientation and history of the dolphin Encounters facility.